Skip to content
Name, registered office, financial year
1. The name of the association is " Freunde und Förderer des Sokratischen Gesprächs " (FFSG) - hereinafter referred to as the "Association".
It is entered in the Register of Associations at the Hanover District Court and bears the suffix "e.V.".
2. The registered office of the Association is in Hanover.
3. The Association is politically, racially and denominationally neutral.
4. The financial year of the Association is the calendar year.
5. The Association exclusively and directly pursues charitable purposes within the meaning of the section "tax-privileged purposes" of the tax code.
Purpose of the association
1. Zweck des Vereins ist die ideelle und materielle Förderung und Unterstützung jener Aktivitäten der „Philosophisch-Politischen Akademie e.V.“ (PPA), die sich auf das Sokratische Gespräch beziehen.
The Association thus promotes educational purposes as well as science and research.
Die zu fördernden Aktivitäten sind die Durchführung von Sokratischen Gesprächen in der Tradition Nelson/Heckmann, die praktische und theoretische Weiterentwicklung der Sokratischen Methode und die Ausbildung von Gesprächsleiter*innen.
2. The purpose of the statutes is realized in particular by supporting Socratic Dialogue events, conferences and initiatives dedicated to Socratic Dialogues, and publications on the topic of Socratic Dialogues.
3. The Association is selflessly active; it does not primarily pursue its own economic purposes.
4. Funds of the Association may only be used for purposes in accordance with the statutes. The members of the Association shall not receive any benefits from the Association's funds in their capacity as members.
5. No person may be favored by expenses that are alien to the purpose of the Association or by disproportionately high remuneration.
Acquisition of membership
6. Any natural or legal person may become a member.
7. Membership must be applied for in writing to the Board. The Board shall decide on the written application for membership by a simple majority of votes. The Board is not obliged to inform the applicant of the reasons for rejection. In case of rejection, the applicant may submit his/her application to the General Assembly for a final decision.